McCaslin 2001, 29.

The first part of the following email between Minot AFB missile launch commander Larry Manross, and researcher Robert Hastings, refers to an incident described in Hastings’ book, UFOs and Nukes: Extraordinary Encounters at Nuclear Weapons Sites (pp. 313-14), which is similar to the incident described in the Wing Security Controller's summary of a very bright object that came near the hardened antenna within the security fence of the N-1 LCF. Later in the email exchange, Manross recounts a story strikingly similar to what Runyon and McCaslin recall being told by Holland in the debriefing, concerning a security team stationed at a missile site in which a UFO hovered overhead and scared them to death.

----- Original Message -----
From: Larry Manross
To: Robert Hastings
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2010 12:17 PM
Subject: RE: UFOs at Minot


Let me clarify my experience for is some 40 years ago.
1. I was in the 742 squadron. The capsules we manned were K,L,M N,O. I was primarily assigned to K or L.
2. I do not remember the name of the senior officer that assignment...he was not the usual commander I was assigned with. He was several years older than I and was a career officer I believe. I was never assigned with him again and don't remember much about him. He may have been in a different squadron. Sometimes they mixed and matched us when they were having scheduling problems. 3. The year was 67 or 68 before I moved up to the commander role.
4. As I stated, I was attempting to sleep while the commander was dealing with security upstairs and the base headquarters regarding some unidentified object. He called for backup when the board lit up on him and then went blank, back to normal.
5. That was when I became engaged. The commander was rattled and so was the security team upstairs. The security team reported that something had buzzed the LCC and that they had gone into a defensive posture, turning out the lights and drawing their weapons. They indicated it was very bright and traveling at a high rate of speed. They did not describe any shape etc...other than it was bright. 6. Base headquarters reported that the unidentified object was no longer on radar and that was the last we heard of it.
7. There was no debriefing...nada. Just another day pulling an alert in Minot. I do remember the senior officer saying something about how I should not talk about the incident without getting authorization. It was the first thing I told my wife when I walked in the door after returning to the base.
8. All the officers talked about ufos and what was going on. As you can imagine there was quite a range of opinions. The stories were rampant including:

A. The security teams sitting on the roof watching for ufos in the evening. This was a common occurrence.

B. The story of a security team stationed at one of the missile launchers because the radar surveillance was out. If the surveillance went down they always stationed a team 24/7 on the site. As the story goes there was an object that scared them to death, as it hovered over the launch pad. They discharged their weapons and claim they heard plinks as the bullets hit the object. As you know, discharging a weapon in the military is considered serious and requires reports etc....Every security team I worked with said it was a true story and had taken place at Minot AFB. They even named the missile launcher where it took place and those who took part in it.

C. The common assumption among many was that the objects were somehow drawing power from the missile warheads.

I hope that this point by point description is helpful for you.